VolCard Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your current VolCard agreement for the below listed accounts, if applicable:
- Staff Dining Club (Payroll Deduction)
- Dining Meal Plans
- Dining Dollars Debit Plan
- VolCard Account
Use of the VolCard
You agree to use the VolCard for identification purposes only or for the purchase of or access to goods and services to which you are entitled as a University of Tennessee student, staff, or faculty after having paid the appropriate fees for that term of study. No other person is permitted to use this card for purchases, identification, or for any other reason. The card and its rights and privileges are not transferable and are governed by all University of Tennessee rules and regulations. When requested, the card must be submitted to University of Tennessee Administration for identification or other investigative procedures.
You are responsible for all charges or transactions billed or accessed by the VolCard and any of the various accounts as part of the VolCard system.
Lost or Stolen Cards
You agree to notify the VolCard Office immediately at 865-974-3430 (24 hours/day 7 days/week) if your VolCard/ID is lost or stolen. You can report your VolCard lost or stolen on line at volcard.utk.edu/lost-cards. A replacement fee of $30.00 will be charged. If you fail to notify the VolCard Office, you will be liable for the unauthorized charges to your accounts until notice is given.
Ownership of Cards
The VolCard remains the property of the University of Tennessee and is governed by all its rules and regulations. Upon withdrawal, graduation, or termination from the University of Tennessee, the card must be surrendered upon request. The university reserves the right to establish and/or change the credit limits of accounts accessed by this card at any time with or without cause and without giving you notice.
Minimum deposit of $15.00 is required to open this account. It is not refundable, except in the case of withdrawal, graduation, or termination from the university.
Additional deposits of $15.00 or more can be made to the account throughout the semester. A transaction fee may be applied.
VolCard accounts may be cancelled at your request and a full refund of balance in the account less a $15.00 service fee will be made.
Disputes involving use of your VolCard account with off campus merchants must be filed no later than sixty days after the date of the transaction which is in dispute.
- The balance in the account will carry over from term to term until you graduate or are no longer enrolled at the university. If you withdraw from school, any balance may be refunded for a $15.00 service fee providing a written request is received within thirty days following the date of official withdrawal.
- If you are not enrolled as a student and your account remains inactive for twelve months, a service fee of the lesser of $15.00 or the card balance will be incurred for closing the account on funds that are not paid with financial aid. The service fee will be no more than $15.00. All funds remaining after the service fee, including unclaimed financial aid, will be transferred to the state of Tennessee as abandoned property after the due diligence effort has occurred.
- Refunds do not include any meal plan Dining Dollars provided by Dining Services.
Staff Dining Club Account
- Payment for all charges is processed through payroll deduction. You must notify the VolCard Office immediately of anychanges in your billing address.
- We may accept late payments, partial payments, or any payments marked as being payment in full or as being settlement of any dispute without losing any of our rights under this agreement or under the law. If we accept suchpayment, this does not mean we agree to change this agreement in any way.
- You agree to be responsible for a reasonable attorney’s fee and all collection costs incurred by the University of Tennessee or its Dining Services Contractor as a result of defaultor nonpayment of accounts. Said attorney’s fee shall be not less than one-third (1/3) of the total amount due (principal plus interest). Additionally, you agree to authorize the University of Tennessee and its Dining Services Contractor to follow collection procedures provided by University of Tennessee Human Resources Policy.
- We will send you an email each month of the amount to be deducted from your payroll account. If for any reason the payroll deduction is not processed, payment is due immediately. A monthly finance charge of 1.5 percent will be applied to unpaid balances of more than thirty days.
General Procedures andPolicies
Execution of a VolCard account application is not a commitment of admission or employment to the university.
While the application is in effect, the student, staff, or faculty will be required to meet all financial obligations under the terms of this agreement.